Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apartment 144 - No More Solicitations

We're in the middle of an 8th inning rally and the fucking doorbell rings.

I don't want any magazine subscriptions.

I don't want to buy chocolate bars to fund your eighth grade field trip.

And I don't want to party with you and the other sheep at your goddamn Rock Church.


When I opened the door shirtless

scratching at my stubbly chin

I saw the best job a push-up bra has ever done.

Years ago I remember

being told that a woman's breasts

exist to entice and

to disguise the racing of the heart.

My younger idealistic self

believed those words and may have been seduced by her.

But not me...not anymore.


I closed the door on her face

because they're just tits.

The man that I am now could never

make the heart of a woman flutter.

We lost six to nothing.

1 comment:

Daedalus said...

As I said, I have some strange infatuation with that first line... There's an instantly established tone for the rest of the work there- brilliant. And lord knows, I think there's a part of me that relates to this point of view... and I have to fight to keep it repressed most days. Spot on-