Thursday, July 31, 2008

A fool and his poem are soon parted...

I am reluctant to say it again--

The maiden voyage of that ship

crashed

headlong into the pier

foolishly expected to house it.


These thoughts

now bivouacked behind this

iron smile

betray their allegiance to

my better judgment--

(deserters to a cause

long lost)


some slinking down my throat

to churn up enough bile

to easily effect their liberation--


Others echo in my ears

pounding with my pulse

violently enough to shatter their

silent prison.


The remnant few

have stowed away in my brain,

seeking solace in the

relentless sobriety

of my thoughts.


This steel grin is a proper prison

for these turbulent words--

the Bastille for the

reverberations of this

cavernous heart,

the cell to house the resounding cries of

Idealistic Nature

and those who would deride him.


I conceal these frailties

in this fortress.

(a herd surrounding the feeble and

ill amongst it-

{the predators will ultimately

drive them from their midst}

they encircle the invalid few

out of an odd allegiance to kind;

to cause--

to calamity)


I shall be undone

by a word when the world ends.


The floodgates will open

to purge these tenuous tenants

of my subconscious--

and the ravenous hoards

of your eager ears

will engulf my advancing discourse...

those derelict thoughts

that I have stranded on shores of my Coeur

will be enfolded in the comforting caress

of your consideration.


Lips to ears,

this awkward kiss

is the mess we make when

rational thought falters.


The sojourn of these syllables

is short.

(breath is fleeting)


Wrapped up in a whisper

this tongue-tied oblivion

masquerading as a profound moment

leaves me tethered to the thoughts

I am sure to drown in.


The Captain Must

Go Down

With The Ship.


~$~

No comments: