Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Apartment 409- The Box Spring Rebellion

I think I fell in love last night...

                  Unfortunately,
             it wasn't with the man I slept with.

A plaintive glance across a crowded bar
from a blue-eyed boy with a chiseled jaw
was enough to set my heart aflutter...

It just wasn't enough to make me walk his way.

I used to joke
that I would only lie in my sleep...

               It's ironic then,
          the greatest lie
                    my body
            ever perpetrated
                   involves insomnia
                      and a stranger
            in my bed.

How wrong can our instincts be?

So I passed-up the look in that guy's eyes
for the sake of making my vagina constrict for a minute...
        or an hour.
                  Or a week.

                  I gave up on a mystery
        for the sake of a sure thing.

Is that truly a sin?

I'm sure that some would call me a whore
        for choosing carnal gratification
over the promise of a meaningful relationship...

                I think it depends on your priorities.

I've been around long enough to know
I can fall in love with anyone.
        The test is if you can make it stick-
            (Yes, even that was an allusion to fucking...
                You think all women are prudes?)

Sure this meat-tube next to me
reeks of sweat and semen,
and my muscles ache from the exertion-
but one can't belabor the benefits of single-serving sex.
        It lacks the complications of attachment,
            and I get off without having to buy batteries.
                Win-win.

One conversation with a cute guy won't cure cancer...
          and it certainly won't mend a broken heart.

Swimming in orgasmic elation
   at least aids me in evading
the realization that most days
   I need my tears to see straight.

No comments: