Sunday, May 10, 2009

Apartment 267 - The God Myth

I often pass these women on the stairs

coming from the room above my own.

I see them only once, then never again.

Narcissists all of them.

Obviously attracted to the same

generic model of beauty they

perceive in the mirror.

They’re all good-looking but nothing special,

apart from the lack of sight.

Heads down from the door

to the car – not in shame

but in permanent refusal to notice a guy like me.


The red-head tonight

reminds me of a harsh double standard:

low self-esteem and a

need for validation

get a guy loneliness

and yet it gets the girlies laid.

And I have to listen.


I can just imaging her

pointing her legs upwards toward heaven

anointing him her God for tonight… until she

recognizes little lesions on the Jesus.


“Oh God”

I guess she missed them.


“Oh God”

“Oh God”

Even the superficial

looks and sounds true

when it covers up a lie.


“Oh God”

Honey. Shut up!

God made the universe

in seven days and this prick

can’t even make you come.

No comments: